Monday, December 10, 2007

Another Introduction

Jailer Joes icon
Hey intrepid RapidWeaved.com readers! My name is Joe, also known as JailerJoe on the RapidWeaver forum, and I'm honored that Adam has asked me to contribute to RapidWeaved. I can’t even begin to tell you how much knowledge I’ve gained from hanging around the RapidWeaver forum. The folks there are so friendly and eager to help it’s amazing. My hope is that I’ll able to give something back to the wonderful RapidWeaver community via this blog and website.

I’ve been an Apple geek since buying my first Mac way back in 1992 (an LC II running at a blazing 16Mhz) but I’m a relative newcomer to RapidWeaver. I snagged a copy during the first MacHeist, which if memory serves was going on just about this time last year. Prior to discovering RapidWeaver I used .Mac’s Homepage and then later iWeb for creating web pages. Nothing fancy, mostly just family photo galleries.

As much as I think I’d like it, I don’t make my living designing websites with RapidWeaver, although I’ve recently landed a couple paying gigs which is really cool. To pay the bills and keep my kids fed, I’m a corrections officer in a county jail, so you can pretty much expect that my contributions will be coming from the perspective of a newbie. You can also imagine that Lockdown and Lockdown have two entirely different meanings to me.

Enough about me! Thanks Adam for allowing me to be part of this. I’m happy to be here and excited about the future of both RapidWeaver and RapidWeaved!

No comments: